The project work can be taken up in two phases:
First Phase -
Providing the basic infrastructure to use the services from the Telemedicine room
Video Conference and TT ECG installations
Second phase -
Interfacing various diagnostic devices for telemedicine activities at the remote nodes.
A room measuring 10*15 situated near Imaging (radiology) Department or Cardiology so that data transfer and tele-consultations could be easily organized
To suit tertiary multi speciality hospitals, it will be ideal to have a mobile facility (trolley support) of the Video conferencing equipment with wireless connectivity (telemedicine equipment) so that the Tele-consultation/data transfer could be possible from any important location within the hospital.
First Phase requirements are:
Identification of a Telemedicine Room at each location
Purchasing of Video Conferencing Equipment
Procurement of Internet connectivity
Purchasing of PC/Document Camera/scanner and other equipments
Identification of a Telemedicine Coordinator and training
Installation of all equipments.
Materials for SPECIALIST (TERTIARY) CENTRE :
- 4 Mbps Internet with static IP address
- Printer and Fax
- 32” LCD TV
- VC equipment
- Telemedicine Server Software
Materials for every Remote ( Primary ) Centre :
- Multimedia Computer with Video grabber card
- A-3 size transparent scanner
- 1 Mbps Internet bandwidth
- 22” LCD TV
- VC equipment
- Telemedicine Remote End Software
- Digital TT ECG – 12 lead
- Document Camera (instant image viewing)
- Digital Stethoscope
- Preventive care diagnosis equipments like Digital Otoscope, opthalmoscope, throatscope, dental scope, etc.
- Digital Microscope - CCD Camera for pathology microscope (to be fitted)on existing microscope.
- PACS solution support
- Equipment tables. to accommodate Telemedicine system, video conference system and essential diagnostic instruments/attachments.
- Power boards, 3KVA UPS with 30 minutes backup from built-in tubular batteries.
- Interiors – Room preparation for effective remote consultations.